Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MAD, MAD JULY!

BETWEEN WORK AND PLAY, I WASN'T HOME MUCH DURING THE MONTH OF JULY. AND WHILE I MISSED MY BED SO MUCH THAT I LITERALLY DREAMT OF MY PILLOWS, I MUST CONFESS THAT I HAD A LOADS OF FUN!
  • july 9 - 15 = florida: spent a glorious seven days with my dear friends kelly and megan lounging in west palm beach florida. despite the occasional hurricane-like weather we ended up having the time of our lives! want to know the cool part? we had access to of the ritz-carlton ammenities completely FREE of charge (thank you megan!). want to know the really cool part? dave matthews was floating in our pool! things i learned: disneyland trumps disneyworld (i don't care what you say jen!). i still hate humidity. the dancers at disneyworld wear wigs because they hate humidity too. there are downpours and then there are downpours. the atlantic ocean can be 80 degrees. the ritz serves lemonade and cookies in their lobby all afternoon. prank calling is still fun in your late 20's. cheese is really good. meg and kel - your mom called.
  • july 15 - july 17 = san francisco: work meetings by day, playing with my mom and dad by night. the parentals decided to schedule a list minute getaway to coincide with my work-related san francisco trip. what i learned: painful budget meetings are even more painful when there are fun people waiting to play with you at your hotel! breakfast on the 57th floor will cost you $75. don't do it.
  • july 18 - july 20 = cheyenne frontier days (the largest rodeo in the usa - who knew?!): jen shoemaker and i mixed business with pleasure at cheyenne frontier days. we had x game planning meetings during the day and were serenaded by taylor swift and rascal flatts by night. there's nothing quite like wranglers, chaps and broncos. i love a good rodeo! what i learned: i want a cowboy baby! oops! i mean, i want to be a cowgirl baby!
  • july 20 - 23 - midway with the fam: the family headed up to midway for some much needed r&r. tragically we all had to work by day but filled our nights with lots of fun! what i learned: i still put others at risk when i golf. if you're looking for a raging headache take a dive on the bobsled at the utah olympic park. you can submerge a tube while boating all by yourself! sand will stay in your suitcase for at least 3 weeks.

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Busy, busy girl! And you are heading to Hawaii soon... crazy! Luckily your fun is just beginning because you get to hang out with us on Friday and everyone knows that we are the most fun of all! :)

Rommel and Christy said...

I love it!! I am so happy you joined the blogging world! I invited you...check your work e-mail. (sorry, that'a the only one I have :) When the &*^% are you going to Hawaii???

Danielle said...

YAY for Cheyenne Frontier days! I used to go to that every year when I lived in Denver :) I actually went there once with Jon :) It really is a rad rodeo.

Brooke sent me your link. So good to see you!

Brooke said...

Jen, so you need to look at my friend Janet's blog http://ajshumway.blogspot.com/ on her post titled "HS Countdown #7..." to see if you know the kid from Skyline she is talking about, aka the Fartman. :)

Chelle said...

Love the blog, Jenny! It is so hip, hoppin' and happenin'! Wow, girl...you know how to "get around"...I mean the country!*! Too fun!

Gatherums said...

You are the busiest person I know! But at the same time you have a lot of fun. I am so glad that you have started your ramblings cause it soothes me! I love you lots and I will be posting a memory soon just to many to pick from.

Stacy said...

I'm so glad you have a blog too! I wish you could have stayed around a little longer to visit! Next time. You should come down and visit Sally and the rest of us! Sally has a blog too. It's http://justthejones-arizona.blogspot.com/ Mine's private so email me and I'll send you an invite! It was good to see you and your family! (Most of them anyway!)

Cory and Holly said...

Hey! I just found your blog on my "blogstalking" trip and I am so excited!! (I hope you remember me!) Anyway, so happy to see you, and you look like everything is going great!!! Let's catch up!!

Holly (Weston) Huntsman

Aimee said...

hello?! I didn't even know you had a blog until I had say it on my analytics.

Looks like you are doing well. It will be good to be able to keep with with your happenings now.

Jill said...

Hey lady, didn't even know you had a blog. Well, keep on keeping it up and maybe we'll see each other one of these days, you're one busy girl! lOve ya!

Jennie Gee said...

Why did I not know you had a blog? This is very sad! We need to keep in touch more. I miss you!

Natti said...

Okay Jen, It's time to update! I wanna read more! Love ya hun!